Here is a summary of our new features that can help you with your workflow.
- Improved invoice matching [Contact management]
- Merge contacts [Contact management]
- Edit contacts [Contact management]
- Folder Contacts [Contact management]
- Invite users auto-fill
- Email content is now one click away
- Spam protection improvements - Approve all emails in bulk
- Due date in the list of documents
- Freezing top actions in invoice preview
- Apply categories to all rows in line items
There are some major improvements around invoice matching and contact management that will improve the way your supplier invoices are automated. And many small features that should improve the daily tasks that you handle with Datamolino
1. Improved invoice matching [Contact management]
Datamolino now matches also based on VAT ID or other Company ID that is captured in the background. Find out more in our article about how contact matching works here.
2. Merge contacts [Contact management]
This new feature helps solve the multiple name variations of the same contact and enables creating a ‘contact group’ which can be useful for coding a specific type of service (such as taxi). In this case, you do not have to manage a separate contact for each supplier.
3. Edit contacts [Contact management]
Change the way how Datamolino captures a supplier/customer name on your document. These changes will be reflected on all historical invoices, as well as future ones too. Learn more.
4. Folder Contacts [Contact management]
In this new dashboard, you can find the list of all contacts extracted by Datamolino and you can also edit and merge them here.
5. Reports [Actionable items in your account]
If you like working with spreadsheets this feature is for you. You can now download a report that shows you a summary of actionable items in your folders.
Find out how to run the report here.
6. Simplified user invitation [Auto-fill emails]
As with any other auto-fill option, Datamolino now automatically suggests the email address used in the past when you start entering a new user invitation.
7. Email content is now one click away
Over 60% invoices are received over email. Many of you use the emails content to check for client instruction or other transaction details. Now there is a button in the document detail so you can open the email with one click (previously hidden in the ‘Actions’).
8. Spam protection improvements - Approve all emails in bulk
Now there is an option to allow emails in bulk which saves time if you get a storm of new emails from a new email sender. No more clicking one by one. Find out more about this here.
9. Due date in the list of documents
It is now easier to prioritise the documents that need to be paid. You can now simply sort the documents based on the due date to know which invoices in queue are due soon.
For Xero users: When you export the document and want to pay it in Xero directly, simply click on the green Xero icon in status bar and it will automatically redirect you to Xero.
10. Improved invoice preview UI
A small change but a huge improvement for many clients, especially the ones using line items. The key functionalities like 'export' and 'actions' are now always present, so scrolling all the way up is no longer needed.
11. Apply categories to All rows
Again, a small change but helps a lot with line items coding. Press this option when you wish to apply the same tracking category to all subsequent lines.
... and there are even more features that you can review. Find out if they can benefit your day to day process too.
- Invoice Archive - keep your inbox clean
- Pop Out Invoice - use those 2 monitors on your desk
- Better automation scenarios for Xero contacts - more automation is always better
- Upgraded contact form - send more data into your Xero
- Folder settings - become a ninja