Datamolino supports 3 import methods - upload via the web, email or mobile app.
1. Web upload
If you want to upload some documents from your hard drive, just click the 'import files' button:
- Drag documents directly to the drag and drop area or choose files from your computer.
- Your files will begin to import immediately. Wait for all files to be uploaded
- Click "Done" when all files have finished uploading.
Once your documents have been uploaded, you will be redirected to your import history where you can access details on all uploads. This dashboard provides data on how your files were sent (email, web or phone app), who sent them, as well as the original filenames and upload times. To get back to your folder, click here:
2. Email Upload
This option works great when you receive invoices via email. All you need to do is just forwarding your emails to your unique folder email address.
Our Tip: If you scan your documents, you can also set up your scanner to email directly to your Datamolino folder using this address.
Each folder has its own unique email address which can be found here:
Or here inside the folder:
Approve your first email
When you first email your documents to Datamolino, your email stops in the 'Spam protection filter'. This protects you from unwanted emails. If you wish to process your invoice, all you need to do is open the email and click:
- Always allow - to add the sender to the whitelist, or
- Allow once - to process the email only this time, or
- Delete - to delete the email.
3. Mobile app (recommended for small cash receipts only)
The mobile app is available for iOS and Android devices and it's the perfect tool for submitting photos of receipts on the go.
Here are quick steps on setting it up:
- Go to Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS) and download our app
- Once the app is installed, open it and log in with your details.
- After signing in you will see folders you have access to. Click on the folder you wish to upload to.
- Give the app permission to access your phone's camera and start taking photos.
- New users will get an email prompting them to create an account once invited to a folder, please make sure to follow the instructions provided in the email as an account is required to use the mobile app.
- The app does not offer any sort of document editing. Our web app should be used for this instead.