Hi, please follow these steps to test the Datamolino / QuickBooks online integration.
Datamolino helps business and bookkeepers automate their data entry. We make usable data out of scanned purchase bills and receipts. This eliminates manual data entry to accounting software such as QuickBooks. It is simple and people love it!
2. Login to Datamolino with test account / Create account / Connect to QuickBooks
a. To test the Single Sign-on to create a Datamolino account. Enter the URL that your store would use and follow with the account creation. The app will ask for some additional details, guide you through the creation of your first folder (equivalent of QuickBooks company) and it will automatically connect the folder to your quickbooks company. Since you do not have any documents ready for export. We have created a test account for you (login details are in the support ticket). You can continue your testing there.
IMPORTANT: We have not turned on the visibility of the "connect to QuickBooks" for all users. So use the provided test account to test connecting from the Datamolino app. Creating an account in Datamolino from the Apps.com marketplace should work without issue.
We have implemented the modified single sign-on. This means that you can use access the app from within QuickBooks once the app has been connected to your account.
Login to Datamolino at https://app.datamolino.com
b. You can also create a connection to QuickBooks directly from Datamolino. Either create a new folder and follow the wizard or create a connection by clicking on "Connect folder" Please note: In Datamolino, you can also connect multiple folders to the same Quickbooks company.
Before you start:
- Please make sure that you have UK company in your QuickBooks account
- Please make sure that your company is VAT enabled to test the full functionality
- Please make sure that you have some suppliers created in your QuickBooks company to test if we fetch your supplier list
- Please make sure you have a valid chart of accounts and taxes so you can make a valid export into Expense transactions - BILL
Continue through the connection wizard.
Your folder is now connected! Perfect!
3. Refresh or Disconnect
If you added some new data to your company, you can refresh the QuickBooks connection at any time by clicking on the export button dropdown arrow and choose Refresh. You can also use this menu to disconnect Datamolino from QuickBooks.
4. Export from Datamolino to QuickBooks
In your test account there are documents that are ready for export.
Login at https://app.datamolino.com
In the document detail:
- pair the captured supplier name with a contact in QuickBooks (this is to prevent duplicates in case the name on the invoice is a bit different from the display name of your QuickBooks contact.
- Alternatively, create a new supplier placeholder in QuickBooks directly from Datamolino.
Datamolino remembers the pairing for future use. So this is a one time user action for each supplier bill.
- Choose a ledger account and tax code. This will be added to the Bill data. The "tax code" is used to calculate the NET and TAX in QuickBooks from the TOTAL that is highlighted. (QuickBooks API does not support calculation of tax from the TOTAL). The ledger account and tax code is pulled in from QuickBooks.
- Click "Save changes" and then click "Export ..."
- The document is now in your QuickBooks! Congrats!
Review the export in QuickBooks Online
Datamolino creates Bills in the "Expense Transactions".
The bills in the test account have the GBP currency. QuickBooks allows creating Bills only in the currency of the Supplier. Make sure your suppliers are set to the currency that you are trying to export! (this is GBP by default if your home currency is GBP, if you do not use multi-currency, than we export in home currency for everyone)
THIS IS IT! Simple, right?