We've improved the process how we match invoices to existing supplier and customer contacts in Datamolino.
Here are the rules Datamolino follows when matching invoices to folder contacts:
- Company ID match: If Company ID is found on the invoice the invoice is matched to the contact with the same Company ID in the folder.
- Company ID + Name match: If for some reason there are multiple contacts with the same Company ID but have different names, we try to match 'Company ID + Name' combination. (it is a good idea to "merge" duplicate contacts with the merge function)
- VAT ID match: If there is no Company ID captured on the invoice, Datamolino repeats steps. 1 and 2 and tries to match the contact using the VAT ID.
- Company Name match: If there are is no Company ID or VAT ID captured on the document, Datamolino matches the invoice to a contact using the name of the company (previously this was the default way of matching contacts).
- New contact is created: If Datamolino could not match the data found on invoice with an existing contact a new contact is created in Folder contacts.
For Xero and Quickbooks Online users these improvements will mean better syncing results with their accounting system. For all users this means a clean way of managing contacts and eliminating unnecessary duplication.
More articles linked to this topic: