We understand that each client is unique and has their specific needs. That's why we prepared this overview to help you with standardising your on-boarding process. We recommend to follow these steps:
1. Explain the benefits of Datamolino
We prepared a dedicated article on this topic. Feel free to use the following reasons when discussing the need of Datamolino with your client.
2. Add client's folder
- The most common setup is 1 folder = 1 client.
- The other option would be creating multiple folders and connecting them to the same Xero organisation. This works great when you need to separate records based on departments/locations/projects.
You can learn more about creating folders here.
3. Agree on client's access privileges and scope of work
From our experience, there are two types of clients:
- Clients who outsource their bookkeeping process to you
This category represents clients who are in charge of document submission only. Datamolino is used as your internal tool to increase the efficiency of your bookkeeping process.
These clients don't have to create their profiles in Datamolino and access the app. Just give them the folder email address and all they need to do is forwarding their documents via email through firstname.lastname@example.org (each client has different dedicated address).
- Clients who manage their bookkeeping process on their own
These are the clients who require access to their documents or who want to take care of their bookkeeping on their own. For this category, we recommend the following steps:
- Invite your client to the dedicated folder -> Admin role = can do everything except adding new folders, User role = same as Admin minus changing folder settings)
- Confirm with them that they can access Datamolino and see their folder
- Get the client signed up for our webinar -> we can save you additional time by taking care of the client's training. Your client can sign up here.
- Inform them about our customer support -> in case of any issue/question/frustration, we're here to take the burden from your side and support your clients best we can. All they need to do is letting us know over the chat support/email/phone.
4. Explain your client how much they will pay
All information about client's usage can be found in the 'History of billing cycles'. It's completely up to you how you decide to bill your clients, but from our own experience, we can identify the following options:
- For clients who completely outsource their bookkeeping process to you -> Here you can bundle the costs for Datamolino under the total bookkeeping fee that you charge your clients. You can either include costs for their actual usage or charge them a fixed fee based on the average monthly usage. Optionally, you have the option to add a margin on top for managing the clients’ Datamolino.
- Clients who manage their Datamolino on their own -> you simply recharge costs for Datamolino services reflecting the client's actual usage.
Information about how much Datamolino costs can be found on our company website here.