Datamolino has a phone application available for iOS and Android devices.
When we built the app we envisioned it as a quick tool for submitting photos of receipts on the go. This way you can simply use your phone's camera for small receipts instead of scanning them. It also means that the app does not offer any sort of document editing. Our web app should be used for this instead.
Setting up the mobile app
- You need a Datamolino account first. Simply click the link in the folder invitation email if you are an invited user. Alternatively, set up a separate account if you intend to have a paid subscription of your own.
- When you have finished setting up an account, go to Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS) and download our app.
- Once the app is installed, open it and log in with your details.
- After signing in you will see folders you have access to. Click on the folder you wish to upload to.
- Give the app permission to access your phone's camera and start taking photos.
Choosing where to upload
If you want to upload to a different folder, use your device's "back" button to close the camera and it will take you to the list of folders.
We encourage you to use the mobile app for photos of receipts and not for invoices. Unlike quality scans and digital documents, we do not process photos through our optical recognition machine automatically, opting for human operators instead. This means that a photograph of an invoice will be processed slower than a scan or a digital copy, which is why we do not recommend taking photos of invoices.
If you do not have access to a physical scanner and need to upload invoices, we would suggest using third party scanning apps such as CamScanner. This way you can "scan" your document and send it to your folder's email address.